Wartburg, TN (2018-06-01) The National Park Service (NPS) invites photographers to submit entries for a photo contest and exhibit at Obed Wild and Scenic River. The park is looking for striking digital images highlighting the spectacular views, historic sites, recreational opportunities, and diversity of life in the Obed. Images may show wildlife, plant life, natural landscapes, historic areas, weather, or people interacting with nature within the boundaries of Obed Wild and Scenic River. All photographs, except those submitted in the artistic category, should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared.
Photographs may be submitted into one of five categories:
- Action/Adventure — photographs of people participating in legal recreational activities
- Artistic — artistic compositions in nature, both natural and manipulated in post processing
- Flora & Fauna — animals in their natural habitat, including close-ups of invertebrates, or plants in their natural habitat, including close-ups of flowers, fungi, lichen, and algae
- Landscapes — expansive and dramatic views of the land and its features within the Obed park boundaries
- Youth — entries in any category by photographers under 18 years of age
Entries will be judged on technical excellence, originality, creativity, visual impact, and artistic merit. Judges’ decisions are final. Selected images will be printed for an exhibition at Obed Visitor Center that will open on Friday, August 24, 2018. Selected images may also be displayed on the internet and other venues.
The contest is open to all photographers except NPS employees and their immediate families and household members. Each person may only submit three photos into the competition. All photos must be in a high resolution digital format, and watermarks are prohibited. Entries must be received no later than Friday, August 3, 2018. Each entry must be accompanied by a completed entry form with all information clearly filled out. Entry forms may be downloaded from http://www.nps.gov/obed/learn/photosmultimedia/obed-photo-contest.htm.
Entries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at or mailed to the park headquarters at Obed Wild & Scenic River, P.O. Box 429, Wartburg, Tennessee 37887, Attention: Photo Exhibit.
For more information on Obed Wild and Scenic River, please call (423) 346-6294 or visit online at www.nps.gov/obed.